Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mobile Phone Cons why are they not illegal.?

I had a call the other day on my mobile and didnt answer it in time. It was a number I didnt recognise but as it started 07 I automatically assumed it was a mobile number. So I called it back the number hung up immediately so I tried it a couple more times to see who it was. I checked my credit after making these calls and discovered it had decreased drastically. On speaking to phone co cust services I found out these calls were costing 85p just to connect them. Apparently companies call random numbers in the hope people will call them back. It is a con and should be illegal I know i am a fool so all of you that are about to waste your time saying so dont bother I want positive responses lets get these outrageous actions stopped
Answers:
just like scam emails, people just cant resist being curious.its you who are keeping the scammers in business
People can do that on your home phone too, you shouldn't have wasted more minutes with customer service.
Hi your totally right this should be illegal but as it is a relativly new con trick laws have not been passed to safe guard us.

You can either call oftel or visit their site www.oftel.gov.uk this is the governing body for phone and premium rate numbers if they believe you called this without knowing it was a premium rate then they will give you the money back as all operators of premium numbers have to give oftel a deposit to give refunds to customers
The trouble is legislation to combat these types of things lag way behind the technology involved to seperate you from your money.
Hi!

Like your question and your closing comments about ending this practise. We seem to have become a society that nurtures corruption and allows random mugging. I for one would refuse to pay these costs, as the mobile phone companies who don't police such despicable practises are to blame - and I bet they'd shy off rather than have someone with gumption say so in a court of law. Let's have some test cases.

Good wishes.
it is a con and its illegal as well but most of them are run from abroad which is why its difficult to stop them. Personally I dont call back numbers I dont recognise for two reasons. Firstly, im a tightwad, and secondly if its important theyll call back! Sorry to hear whats happened to you anyway, wish there was something you could do to get your money back
Thanks i like to hear all the scam stories ...cant takeyour eye of the ball these days

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net