Saturday, October 31, 2009

Minor in possession of alcohol, what are the consequences?

So I had a 12 pack of beer in my back pack at school and a teacher heard the jingles of the bottle. He asked me to open my back pack which I did and he found the beer. He took me down to the Dean's office and I talked and etc. I was holding on to it for a friend which is a poor choice and I understand that now. So the officer wrote me a ticket for minor in possession of alcohol and he knows I don't drink. He said I will have to appear before a judge and whatever. I asked if this would go on my record and he said no, its just standard ordinance. The is my first time offense and I'm 16. I'm super scared on whats going to happen. So here are my questions for you guys.

What are some punishments I will get?

I know its either a fine or community service or a combo of both but I would rather have community service then a fine. So is there anyway I can ask for it rather then a fine?

Will I get probation also?

Whats it like in court? What do I say? What does the judge say or ask?

Thanks
Answers:
I've been with a couple of my friends to court when they got MIPs. Basically, unless you live in a really small town, you won't be the only one with an MIP..and your case will be very minimal to the others there. In our situation, the judge had all the MIP cases go up at one time and ask if they all plead guilty (they all did) so then he told them to pay the fine by the end of the week and that was that.

You're right though.it depends on State law the amount of community service time, $$ etc. There was no probation except for the ones who had repeated offenses with MIPs or other things on the record.

Also, your record will be wiped clean when you turn 18, don't stress too much, it's not a huge deal.
more than likely probation
Laws vary from state to state. In Texas we have what's called 'Teen Court'. You are judged and sentenced by your peers. There is usually a fine and some community service involved. I don't think there is any way to waive the fine. You have to pay court costs.

On your court date: dress nicely, speak politely and show remorse for what you did.
Ok well when i was 16 and got a minor in possession of alcohol. i had to go to court and what happened to me was I had to do community service and had to pay a small fine. I didnt get put on probabtion or anything. it might be different in your state...and court isnt so bad..when i was there i didnt have to say anything. the judge just looked at and told me what i had to do. thats it...not so bad...and when u turn 18 it all goes away..no record of having a minor in possession or anything. hope this helps..good luck
what you say is the truth unless you want to be a liar in court too? anyway, first offense they arent going to do too much to you but get caught again and its a different story. the judge will ask you aht happened then he will try to scare the piss out of you but other than that it will be a case he'd rather not even hear. your parents should be the one to deal with you. anyway, here is the dang problem, all younger people (and im young) think its ok to do stupid things, well it isnt because if you continue to do stupid things then someday our country will be like mexico lazy stupid and corrupt. smarten up and try to do the best you can in school leave the booze for the weekend or rather not at all
dont know up to judge but probably
dont know up to judge
like being in church
you be very polite yes sir no sir look really scared and sound very sorry for your sins a few tears would be great but thats it just a one or two rolling down no sniffles tho and the all important you learned your lesson will nvr do it again. blah blah until the weekend gets here lol

but let me give you some advice if your gonna be stupid and do crap like that at least be smart about it and think of things that could happen like the bottles jingles ahead of time.
Geez our kids just dont think these days its a wonder they get away with anything amatures lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net