Saturday, October 24, 2009

Manchester road congestion charges, do we all have to pay?

I am a care worker. most mornings I have to drive to visit people who need help to live independant lives. They may need important medication, some need help getting on the right bus to take them to their day care centers, many need us to drive us to their centers etc as public transport is really not an option for them. we perform a vital role yet our pay is terrible. all of these people we work with live in the proposed congestion charge area and my collegues and I simply will not be able to pay the high charges every day. will we have to pay?
Answers:
There will probably be exemptions. Ask your local council for information.

I heard last week that the government will not introduce road charging nationwide until they have spent 拢3 billion on public transport.

If the past is anything to go by then we'll all have to pay road charges in around 2130.
sounds like you work in the same area my gran lives in and you do bugger all for her
Dont tell me theyve got it up there now. Its gonna be hell I lived in Westminster central London and it started a 拢2.00 a day then it went up to 拢5.00 a day then ithink im not sure if it has already going up to 拢8.00 a day and theyve extended the Zone to Chelsea and Kensington. and I heard they are even going to charge some motorists 拢20.00 a day if its like a four wheel drive. It doesnt cut conjestion just makes the boroughs a fat load of cash. If I had just five minutes alone with 'camp' ken livingstone in a room with some pliers and a blow torch. Id get medieavel on his @$$.
The plans haven't been finalised yet, but what I understood was that the charge would only apply during the rush hour, and if you were driving in the busy direction - I mean, into the city centre in the mornings, and out from it in the evenings.

Given the hours care workers often have to work, I think many would miss the rush hours because of their horrible shifts. But also, if you have to use your car while you are at work, rather than just to get there, your employer ought to be paying you mileage, and if you incur a congestion charge, they ought to pay that as well.
probably, looking at how it was with London, although with London in mind, motorbikes were exempt from congestion charges so get yourself two wheels, youll save on petrol and time!! Keep up the good work
I have noticed the way politicians put on their I'm a reponsible brilliant concerned person look when they say "Doing nothing is not an option" when they really mean, Wow we've gor another way of taxing you.
If they insist on bringing in amovement tax, How do they intend to spend it?On councilers freebees at a guess

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net