Saturday, October 31, 2009

Missing non-custodial parent owes $12000 dollars and has never paid a dime!?

My x-husband owes me $8000 in child support and $4016 dollars for personal property in our divorce. The guy has been missing since August of 2006 right after are divorce was final. He has never seen his son. He is hiding out somewhere but, child support can't find him. What will happen to this guy once he is found? and what do you think child support will do to find this guy. He also owes me money for all my furniture he sold, how can I put him in contempt for that? I live in wisconsin my son was born here. Wisconsin works with louisiana child support. and My divorce was located in louisiana. Would I have to go back to louisiana to put him in contempt for not paying my the personal property, or can that be transfered to wisconsin?
Answers:
Matters relating to the personal property would have to be in Louisina courts. If you have a support order, you can file anywhere under the Uniform Reciptorcal Enforcement of Support Agreements Act. The Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act concerns interstate cooperation in the collection of spousal and child support. It lays out the procedure for enforcement in cases in which the person owing alimony or child support is in one state and the person to whom the support is owed is in another state (hence the word "reciprocal").

Contact your district attorney's office.
If he is missing you are lucky they have not investigated you in his disappearance...
He will be forced to pay the fine and be sentinced to jail for a pretty long time, the state doesn't take kindly to this.
sounds to me that you got stuck with a deadbeat, my condolences. But as long as he is working under a W2, they will catch up to him. But if he is working under the table, then there isn't much you could do but wait. That is the unfortunate thing about child support, the courts cannot order him to work - he can avoid child support by being paid cash.

What a loser. Sad thing is that your son has to suffer.

Since he owes you for the furniture, I am sure there is a judgement on his credit report. And he probably doesn't even care. You should be sure and check with the state where the divorce was filed and see what can be done about that.

Check your state laws to see what they say about failure to pay child support. More than likely they have a law that will suspend his license. If we are lucky, he will get pulled over, they will see he is wanted and has a suspended license and will not let him out until the arrears is paid.

I swear one day I am going to create a website called, "Deadbeat dad (or mom).com"

Good luck
Have you also considered being able to put an attachment to any refund he might get thru the IRS when he files each year (assuming he is being honest and not working under the table)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net