Saturday, October 24, 2009

LSAT questions?

When given a set of rules to work with, I try to work out a quick diagram; however I need clarification on how to treat questions. I am prone to thinking that they help to illuminate the actual structure of the problem. However it occured to me recently that I should not treat questions and their answers as having any bearing on the potential answers of other questions.

Is each question in this section, after being given the rules and structure, independent of the others? If in question 1 A = C, do I keep that in mind, building a structure as I work through each question, or do I treat each question independently, only considering the rules given in the inital scenario?
Answers:
Treat every question separately. The given set of rules are what you are to follow, then each question adheres to them in their own way. The best thing to do is draw one small diagram for each question, if you can. That way you aren't erasing or getting confused about what the rules are and what were from other questions.
The test directions are very clear when to do that and when not to do that. Read the directions carefully.
Additional details revealed in the bodies of questions is NOT cumulative - it applies only to the question that is being asked unless otherwise stated

That said, answers for questions that rely on only the original criteria/rules often reveal answers for other questions, so do keep those answers in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net