Saturday, October 31, 2009

Me and my ex have joint costody he has moved out of state without given me 60 day wirtten notice what can i do

our custody agrement is i get them odd years and he gets them even years. I filed in california and now back on my home state of kansas he will not answer my phone calls or return them so i have not got to talk to my kids for a month and half. He has not given me any addresses to where they are living now or the kids school or day care. i know he is in violation of a court order but is he kiddnapping my kids? And can i do anything here in Kansas like reopen the case here?
Answers:
Yes, go to job and family services or get a good private attorney and put him in his place
Go to the local district attorney and they will tell you where to go and what to file or if you have a lawyer he can file for you.
Yes he has kidnapped your kids. Go after him.
Of course you need to after him.

I've never heard of 1 year each. I can't imagine any way that would be good for the kids.
A parent cannot kidnap their own child. That's called 'custodial interference', not kidnapping. He cannot remove the children without court approval, whether you give it or not. Only a judge can release the children from the jurisdiction of the custody order. Neither can you. Right now, he is in contempt of court if he has violated the agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net