Saturday, October 24, 2009

Man Im so screwed?

I'm going to college In Canada and I have been approved for a study permit. I did a medical Evaluation and the results were sent to Ottawa (Canada) to be examined. The doctors made the people in ottawa aware that it is urgent.

The college emailed me and said I have until June 6 to report to class, thats going to be very difficult . How can i persuade them to give me a short extension of the deadline?
Answers:
Perhaps it was YOU that took too long. Wghy are you asking this question here rather than actually doing something about it.
Didn't you already ask this in another category ?
Show up to class and let them worry about the exam. It is out of your hands!
Email back, explain the situation, and follow up your email with a phone call. Deadlines aren't as rigid as you imagine, and colleges expect that some of their international students will run into snags.
call them and talk to the highest level of authority in the college you can. be very professional and courteous but be persistent at the same time. i see my dad do **** like this all the time. remember not to make any personal excuses and make it sound entirely businesslike and make it seem like you are a victim of college policy and circumstance. guide them toward the response you want with things like "So what are my options at this point? This class is my top priority however since I have been notified of this deadline at such short notice it is impossible for me to arrive at that time. Would it be a problem if I arrive 3 days later?" and if they are like "no, its not ok" say "So what are my options?" (people hate having to come up with options for you so they'll probably just say you can do whatever you want)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net