Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My bike's been stolen; sign advice?

I just had my bike stolen from below the staircase leading to my apartment. It's my fault for not chaining the bike, but it wasn't there for very long, I live in a nice neighborhood, and my daughter's toddler float was sitting on top of the bike and it's been taken, too.
I have two questions: what's the best way to create a sign for a stolen bike? I will offer a $50 reward, I think.
If I see someone using the stolen float at the apartment pool, it's probably safe to assume this person/family knows something about my bike. What's the best action to take if I do see the float somewhere?
Answers:
U need to paste poster everyway along the neighbourhood, seek the help of ur neighbour and friend to keep a lookout and report to the police if u saw ur bike anywhere, avoid confront the theft as it might be a group of people.
If you do offer a $50 dollar reward and someone returns the bike seeking the $50, you are legally obligated to pay them $50 when they return the bike to you. The sign advertising the reward is a valid contract. If you don't give the $50 dollars you are in breach of the contract. So, if you do decide to post the sign, make sure that you do have $50.

The bike was most likely stolen. Why reward a thief. Call the police and make a police report. Use the $50 towards a new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net