Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mu husband is in the Army,and we are relocating to Colorado. I have three kids from a previous marriage?

If we get relocated and the kids biological dad is here in Texas,would my husband that is in the Army..his order's work for allowing me to take the kids to the new base? If my ex tried to stop me?
Answers:
No you can not just pick up and take the children to another state. He might be a dead beat I don't know your situation, but how would you like it if the situation was reversed. Those are his kids too.
No. Your ex husband can take you to court. If it goes like it did for my brother in law, the judge said she was free to move anywhere she wanted, but the boy stays in the same state as the father. You will be depriving their father from seeing them.
Not really sure how it works there, but you may need your ex's approval. Don't know what it says in your papers, but even if my hubby were to get, oh lets say, relocated to another state for work, and i took the kids without the ok from my ex, he could get me for kidnapping. Not kidding. I looked into this.
Not sure how it works since its cuz of the army. Your best bet is go to your attorney. Make sure everything is done properly. I would hate to see you get into trouble because someone forgot to cross a T or something. Good luck.
If you have full custody, then yes.you could take them. If you share custody, then you might have to get with your lawyer. You guys are going to have to work out a different rotation. I hope it works out for the best for you!
You husband has to go, you will have to check with the courts in Texas regarding moving your children to another state. It's really all about the visitation rights, does your ex have them? You might have to go to court to change when they see their biological Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net