Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mothers rights?

My child was born in Canada and has both Canadian citizenship and british citizenship as I am british. We currently live in Canada, however I have been thinking of leaving my boyfriend and going back home taking my daughter with me. Can my boyfriend stop me from taking her as he is the dad? And if I left then told him we were not coming back to canada once we arrived in England could he charge me with kidnapping?
Answers:
If he is the father, he has a legal right to see his child. You cannot unilaterally decide that you will take your child with you and take away his rights as a father. You will likely need some kind of custody agreement before you are allowed to remove the child from the country. To do so without court approval would be equivalent to kidnapping.
Are you sure he's the dad?
You will need to gain legal custody if you don't want your boyfriend to have a case against you when you leave the country. Please call an attorney that specializes in custody law.
Yep if you aren't sole guardian. If he did can ya blame him? How you gonna take a kid from his dad for your selfishness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


M Q © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net